Mahindra-TERI Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Habitats
The research program consists of five major activities:
- Standardization and measurement of building materials: aimed at measurement and creation of a database of thermo-physical properties, and reflectivity of paints and tiles, of opaque walling and roofing materials.
- Building envelope studies: Assessment of impact of opaque walling and roofing materials on the cooling load of a space, in lab conditions. Some materials will be selected for testing in field conditions.
- Comfort studies: Under thermal comfort studies the impact of walling and roofing materials, thermal mass and reflective technologies on the mean radiant temperature (MRT) inside the space, transient thermal behaviour of both the materials and space etc. will be studied.
- Development of performance standard matrices, guidelines and numerical toolkits:
Performance standards and matrices for integrated envelope analysis, visual comfort and daylight analysis;
- Design guidelines for selected building materials based on wall assembly insulation, roof insulation, thermal mass, reflective properties, construction techniques for different climates and building types, site specific auditing, occupant behaviour model etc.;
- Numerical toolkits for selection and performance evaluation of high impact envelope materials and technology.
- Numerical toolkits and material database formed from the outcomes of the research work performed under the Mahindra TERI Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Habitats shall be made available in the public domain and will be disseminated amongst relevant stakeholders according to a dissemination plan agreed upon by Parties, viz. MLDL and TERI.
The Mahindra-TERI Centre of Excellence is located at TERI Gram, Gual Pahari, Gurugram Faridabad Road, Gurugram, Haryana
About The Energy and Resources Institute
The Energy and Resources Institute is an independent, not-for-profit research institute focused on energy, environment and sustainable development and devoted to efficient and sustainable use of natural resources. Since its inception in 1974, TERI has emerged as an institution of excellence for its path-breaking research, and is a global brand widely respected by political leaders, policy makers, corporate entities as well as the civil society at large.
About Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd
Established in 1994, Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd. is the real estate and infrastructure development business of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group, and a pioneer of sustainable urbanisation in India. The Company is committed to transforming India’s urban landscape through its residential developments under the ‘Mahindra Lifespaces’ and ‘Happinest’ brands; and through its integrated cities and industrial clusters under the ‘Mahindra World City’ and ‘ORIGINS by Mahindra World City’ brand.
Mahindra Lifespaces delivers innovative customer-focused solutions that are rooted in a legacy of trust and transparency. The Company’s development footprint spans 23 million sq. ft. (2.133 million sq. m.) of completed, ongoing and forthcoming residential projects across seven Indian cities; and over 4960 acres of ongoing and forthcoming projects under development/management at its integrated developments in four cities.
A pioneer of the green homes movement in India, Mahindra Lifespaces has been ranked 4th in Asia in its category, in the ‘2017 GRESB Real Estate ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Assessment’. The Company has also been ranked among the top 50 great mid-size workplaces in India – 2017, by the Great Places To Work Institute.